Wednesday 27 August 2014

Vienna, the city of the Unexpected! Part Two


Took my time with this second part of my last blog for my trip. Well apart from having to write a bloody RaR report, for those who do not know what it is. Well LUCKY YOU GUYS!, for those that know what it is. I felt your pain, I felt your sorrow and I some how survived a gruelling three days.

Anyway, the second part of Vienna, the city of Dreams. This part of the blog will not be targeting how gorgeous the city is, it will not be targeting what I found, and how I manage to pass though its many roads. No it will talk about the girl I met, who just was amused by the lost tourist I was.



Those that know me, well I eat, I love eating and I eat non stop, but in Vienna I had a problem. Food, food was just to expensive. Being so, I went to a fast food chain where the food ( for once ) was the cheapest I could find. I ordered 6 chicken nuggets, a large fries, sour cream and a large diet coke (yea yea make the jokes come on you all can). I got my food and went up to the second story to eat. 

There I couldn't find a place to sit down, which had a plug nearby. So I just sat down and started eating, and uploading what photos I had taken. Then this gorgeous girl comes in and sit on the same large table I was sitting at, just at the opposite end. I could notice her looking at me, every now and again and smiling. This is how I realised right behind her there was a holy grail I was looking for. The electricity that I needed to charge my phone, so I went and I asked.

Do you mind I use the charger next to you, and she said yes, and I used it. Then pure Alex fashion, I just started talking to her, because hey why not right? My though on the whole thing, she is not going to reply to me, and she is just going to ignore me. 

Thirty minutes later we were on the subway heading for a park. Three hours later, I was hugging her close, saying bye, holding back a feeling that I was going to lose a good friend which I had made. 

What happened in between?

Well we talked and talked, or again rather, I talked and talked. She listened and laughed, saying I was a 'little bit weird, just a little bit'. Her english vocabulary was not the best, but her accent was as clear as crystal. We went on the ferris wheel of Vienna, been there for centuries. We went on a ride, which she called me a scaredy cat, I was I really was. I was bullied into going on this ride, she called me a chicken among other things.

She talked eventually, she told me about herself. She told me her story, and I listened, she told me her hobbies and I told her mine. We talked and talked and talked. However, we also listened really hard because we wanted to try and get to know each other. 
 
I must admit, at first I was scared she was part of a gang and she was going to take me to a secluded place and steal my dirty clothings (MY SUIT) and leave me on the sidewalk half beaten to death. Yes my imagination is enormous and wild. 

However, what really happened is, I made a friend. I made a friend, and a very good one to. Why? Because I had the guts to follow my intuition and just you know what say. Hi. To a person who I had a good feeling about, to a person who really looked interesting, and who looked like they have a story to say.

I was very sad, to leave, however I know if or rather when I return to Vienna, and the surrounding areas. I got a good Friend waiting for me, and maybe if she comes to Malta. She has a friend over here. 

This is why I love to travel, you meet new people, your live new experiences, you learn what it means to be a citizen of this world. We are no longer nationals of any where, we are no longer part of any country, we have transcended that. We are now nationals of Planet earth.







With that said, we have a long way to go. So I will just keep in contact with my new Austrian friend and hopefully one day when I finally move into Vienna, we can repeat this experience and see how much we both have changed since now. (She is the one hiding behind me, this one does not like her photos xD)

No comments:

Post a Comment