Thursday 11 September 2014

So its 2am!

I did something today that, I should have been doing for the past year and kept forgetting, or finding a million and one excuses to not to.

I played Minecraft.

OK OK CALM DOWN IM NO ADDICTED TO IT AS I ONCE WAS.

Ok that took care of those that know what happened to me when I was introduced to Minecraft. However, those same people know what Minecraft is to me, what it means. Minecraft was my diary, every time I built something inside, that something meant a memory, a feeling an emotion. From the simplest dirt hole to the most elaborate castles and machines.

Those memories are stored recorded in pixel forms, blocks made up of 16 pixels each. Making the most marvelous of wonders. I built cities, from scratch. I made the world mine, endless hours of mining, crafting, building, breeding, repairing and most important of all imagining.

A world with no rules, has no limits, and thus I built myself a diary. Before I had this blog to scream out my opinions to people, before I had this system where I would build and build endless structures. Which people never really understood what they meant, actually neither did I. Till earlier this week, when I opened files which I have not touched in months up to a year, and found all my memories coming back to me.

Two hours later, I was happily continuing where I had left off on a massive volcano which I was building in the summer of 2012, remembering that when I came up with the idea I ended going to work 3 hours late as I just wanted to lay the basics out for this structure. Music and happily clicking away, I was momentarily transported back to my world.

My Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment