Wednesday 22 April 2015

The Farce.

I have been trying to write this post for a while, I wanted to get an opinion and an unbiased one. I have given both parties a chance to help me decide. I have given both groups of candidates a chance to impress me, and convince me that I will follow them for an entire year. 

I am a person who has and will always be natural until convinced otherwise. I will always give a chance for someone to explain themselves. Last week I walked into quad, last week, and I felt as if I was walking into Mordor, I could feel the tension and energy building up. I could feel the energy growing, the organisations readying themselves for a battle.

I was disappointed. 

This is a one sided battle, a battle of one army, keeping in line with the Middle earth theme. SDM has delivered a campaign. A campaign aimed at showing what they can do, and what they did. They did a move which many people did not appreciate, but I agreed with full heartedly they pushed forward experience and stability. They gave us the choice of a team which has an all rounded energy. They touched all areas of university, representing those who are usually left out, letting in new groups and new people. While at the same time making sure that the best are there and they offer to serve us for another year.

You all know me, I am a voice amongst a million on the internet. I grumble and I complain, and even though I know it was not my yapping that pushed forward SDM to launch their manifest so much earlier. Yet they did, and since I am just one amongst thousands I felt heard, I felt listened to and respected. It has given me time to go over it at my own pace, and it has given me time to argue with them and discuss with them why, what and how.

I only mentioned one side because the other side is not offering anything new. Pulse have time and time again pushed forward ideas, they pushed forward energy. Yet the ideas are stale, they are short sighted and aimed at generating votes towards them, rather than building a KSU that all students deserve. They are aiming to push forward individual, candidates, using the Vote for me, I AM AWESOME! Tactic.

Being honest, this has been a very hard blog to write, I have been trying to be impartial and push forward an unbiased analysis of what is happening. Yet this is the sixth time that I am writing. I cannot defend a team of unexperienced candidates. They do not know how university works, they do not know how the system functions. They have some strong candidate’s as well, however they still do not cancel out the negativity that is being pushed forward.  

With that said:

There are 1 days left for the elections. So I will challenge both parties to pamper me, not with free beer, smoothies or Nutella goodness. I will ask them to pamper me with arguments, with discussions, about how and what they will be working and implementing in KSU, and above all else, why I should vote for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment