Wednesday 13 August 2014

DAY 1: Well a tad late!

WHAT an experience, arrived here, got scammed like a real turist would be, HOWEVER I did get into the hang of things and here I am 2 days later sitting in the middle of the conference and I JUST NEEDED TO WRITE.


First day, well that was a blast as I said I got scammed, I cannot believe that this happened, someone who comes from Malta. However, putting self stereotypes aside, the first day was amazing, the first speaker just was a mixture of incredible and just crazy, the good kind. That kind of crazy that pushes you forward and gives you energy to keep going on. So Owen Fernadez gave a great motivational spin to the session and it kick started our energy working together.

Twenty-two brilliant people, that's what I can say about everyone here, I am just sad and slightly pissed of that I have such little time with them but I can say I made some friends here, and how where these friends made. Well, the first workshop, split us into four parts, North, South, East and West; then we had a problem given to us, we where given a country and we were told to solve our problems. I got my heart and soul into this as the Minister for Finance and Economy of the North, also the Deputy Prime Minister. 

We did not stop till we conquered the rest of the three countries, no not really, after a long diplomatic and very agitated meeting we finally arrived on a consensus which allowed, the north and south strong economic and brilliant relations, aggressive stance against my countries enemies.

Then came the bonding, I am so happy to meet my old friends from BFTF 2011 here, Hassan, Alena and Genta. I cannot believe that after all these years we met and we still are the best possible friends. Talking about everything from about what we did last weekend, to how the world is going down the drain and what we can do to help it out. We had a dinner which was amazing and this was I must note some of the best food I had in a long long time. After that came the beer, BEER so good over here and so cheap (Heaven).

Then we started integrating and making friends with the others here, I will admit I am still having problems remembering most of the names, simple minded fool I am, however these people I can see in five years time, ten years time. These people will be managing and organising, they will be leading and guiding their respective areas and be a force to be reckoned with.

These people, they are the future, and here I am listing in and giving my little own opinion which is so heavily influenced by my scientific background, giving me a point of view outside science however allowing me to apply what I know, the scientific method, and use it to solve the problems they keep throwing at us.

As you can see from this photo I should get back to the conference see you in a bit guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment