Saturday 9 August 2014

Harassment!


red lips

So, here I am doing my own little things in this very big world, knowing that I am just one drop of water, in an ocean of droplets, knowing that being one drop, as large as I can get, I will just always be one drop, thats when I see other drops struggling, thats when I see other drops working their asses off to make what they believe a reality.

Today I saw a page on facebook, which I really want to support and endorse their struggle as futile as it is, I will stand by what they are trying to do. Because it is such a noble cause, they are trying to stop street harassment they are trying to stop, those  disgusting remarks being sent to women walking in the street.

That immagine left such an effect on me, who would say these things and be in the right frame of mind? Well us men, thats who us men who were never though respect, us men who were never told how to talk to a female without being scared little aholes.

I am afraid the problem is that most people do not think this is a problem, the problem is that most people think this is ok. IT IS NOT OK, these are the same people who will campaign about not killing animals because its inhumane to breed them in small areas, these are the same people who would do their best to be nice to those around them but feel that cat calling someone is a good thing.

I must say, I used to be like this, till someone changed my view, till someone showed me that this is not how it should be. I was lied to, not by those around me, not by my society, I was lied to by myself. I used to say, its right, yet some how in my heart of hearts, I always knew I was wrong, I always knew I was not in the right.

Go to this facebook page and give them your support. They deserve it, I really appreciate what they have done, it is something that we all should do.

https://www.facebook.com/StopStreetHarassment?ref=br_tf

No comments:

Post a Comment