Sunday 10 August 2014

Here I go again! #YLTE2014


Off I am to Bratislavia, for the YLTE conference, which is being organised by the IDteam. 

Now that the mentions are out of the way, what will this conference bring to me, a rambling and opinionated, at least that's what I think I am mostly, person? In all honesty this opportunity for me is one of networking, more then anything else, it is true important issues will be discussed and a resolution will be sought for these issues, I will do my utmost to contribute to these resolutions and give me 100% and more, however at the end what is the most valuable thing out of this is making contacts, making friends which will last for years allowing me to broaden my horizons. 



I live on an island, isolated from the rest of the world to a large degree, especially since I live on the sister island of Malta, Gozo, the isolation happens naturally, the mentality of the elder generation, yes that means I am getting old as well being the current gen, is quite restricted. However, there is hope, this hope comes in the new youth which are highly active and are doing their best to integrate with other cultures. This integration, this mixing and learning, this is what in my opinion allows a country to grow and mature. It allows us to learn from each other, trust others and different cultures and above all else not be afraid of change, as many people are.

Anyway better try and cap my rambling to a point! 

Mean while I am at the airport at 6 am in the morning waiting for my flight. With a sleepy Gozitan right next to me who is mumbling under his breath while sleeping off his long night. (The guy in orange) Now im off to join him in sleep. Ta Ta.


No comments:

Post a Comment