Thursday 19 June 2014

A hidden gem.

Yesterday I went to a bar/lounge place in Valletta. When I enter I noticed that it was rather a posh place, then I gaze on the bar for the first time, and at that moment the world stopped moving. Rows and Rows of whiskey bottles, from the cheapest to the most expensive ones.  Lined one next to the other, and here I am not talking about your every day Jack Daniels, or Johnny Walker or any of these brands. Yes there where there of course, but there was such amazing choice. Me and one of my friends just stood still for around ten minutes looking at the menu trying to figure out what would be worth tasting.

The place had enormous variety, and I must say, even if I am in love with whiskey, I realised how little I know about it and how little I explored of its amazing world. After much deliberation and thought, we settled for one which for the love of me I cannot pronounce, but it was glorious. I know that it was a Scottish highland whiskey, and it was amazing. The aroma it had left me smelling it for the next half an hour, while gently sipping it. More of focused on the drink then on the conversation around me, which usually I would have partaken much more.

When I finished my lovely drink, which left me in a dreamy state, my friend offered me a drink. This time I decided I will go for something else, and took an old fashioned whiskey cocktail. A citrus flavoured and rather interesting drink, with the aroma and taste of whisky but not much the punch in it. I quite enjoyed it but I must say, I did get quite dreamy eyed, now this could be because of the fact it was one in the morning and I had had a long day, or could be a happy place I found but what ever it was I shall be visiting this place once more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment