Friday 24 October 2014

Tell me what to write: The Evolution of Sex and Death

So what is this? Basically I need a hobby and since it's sometimes hard to come up with inspirations about what to write, well I will ask you guys and you will give me something to write about. What I see and fancy I will write. Hope this experiment will do well, please keep in mind usually I will not research in detail what I will write unless stated so, but just give my opinion and overall view on the topic, so I am subject to be criticized and you are allowed to tell me Alex you are bloody wrong, and I will say, well I am and I will amend as needed, or tell you to sod off according to what the topic is about.

ANYHOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO!

Edward Duca asked me to write about:

The Evolution of Sex and Death:

Well, this is a tricky one, and it needs some research, however I am currently writing five reports on, well, the shoreline and it's bloody annoying to do more research. So instead I will scavenge the depths of my brain for something about the topic.

If I remember right, sex is a form of immortality or, to use a less powerful term, cheating death. This is putting it in the simplest terms possible. What do I mean by this? Well, put it this way. What are we made of?

Most of you if not all should be saying, cells and stuff. Well you are correct, we are made up of cells. Which in turn are made up of? Ok this one is a tad harder: protein. They are made of protein amongst other things. Proteins are called the building blocks of life. Thus as the name would suggest, this means that they are needed for life to exist. However where do they come from?

They come from data stored inside DNA, RNA and stuff of the same sort. Yes I am pointing to you, genetics out there. These genes hold the secret to replication of protein, that means they hold the recipe for the building of organisms which are alive and not a dead mush of stuff. Especially when these are built in a specific way that form us. Everything we see around us is built by the data stored inside the genes of living organisms.

Was I on a tangent? Well yes and no. I gave you the information you needed to understand why we are immortal. Or rather how we can be immortal, have you figured it out? No, well ok.

You're with me to the point of hearing that genes are what hold the information to build proteins which in turn allows living organisms to exist right? How is this information transferred? Its transferred through, well you guessed it SEX, and hallelujah a lot of sex occurs all over the place. Everyone is out there trying to fuck the brains out of the opposite sex or of itself (asexuals we will not discriminate you here on this page we feel your pain amoebas) Why? So it can make sure that its genetic code, the genes are transferred to the next generation.

(Just to check that you're actually reading my revisions: Hello Alex's audience, I proofread his stuff because his grammar's an absolute travesty and an insult to human existence)*The Dragon* [Decided to leave this here because its awesome]*Alex*

 Yes, over time, changes occur, there is the odd mutation or bad coding. However more or less we transfer our genetic code to the next generation. Technically speaking for us humans, if we have four kids we have the chance of having fully transferred our genetic code across to the next generation.

Literally we would be living inside our children, and we are the living embodiment of our ancestors. Yes we would die, our bodies will deteriorate, however our genetic code will move on. How do we die? How is our immortality stopped? This will happen if we do not reproduce if we do not transfer our genetic code to the next generation and we do not replicate our DNA (in the case of humans).

So sex, is a way that we managed to evolve to beat death, and gain immortality. However this immortality will over time change and new features will grow, new characteristics will show. And this is the product of evolution, of the growth of a species which is able to adapt to its surroundings. This doesn't mean that the genetic code has completely mutated and changed but rather, it shows that we where able to adapt to our environment.

I understand there can be gaping scientific holes in my description and there probably are, so if you would be so kind as to show them to me I would appreciate. Other wise, Ed hope you enjoyed this xD!

No comments:

Post a Comment