Wednesday 8 October 2014

FOOD AT UNI!

From the pan into the fire.

That was my reaction yesterday and today when I went to buy a coffee and a small snack from the new canteen. The price outrageous, the quality, mediocre at best, although I must give them credit they did make the place look nice. However, when I walk into the canteen I do not walk in to feast with my eyes, my salivary glands need to be satisfied.

And both time's I walked straight out and went to the health shop, which although still expensive was still a better option. Why? Well because I am not going to fork out 50c for a pastizz, nor am I going to pay 1.30 for a simple coffee which comes in a glorified paper cup.

I would expect these prices, and I would pay these prices if I am looking for food at a posh, area in Malta which would be tailored for people who can afford these prices. Well instead, I am getting these prices at the University Canteen. Key word University, the place which is over run by hungry and penniless beings, like myself, called students. Who would kills for a glorious cup of coffee, to keep their eyes open during their long hours of arduous torture, also known as reading for a degree.

I understand, we try to keep an image up, at least a large majority of us do. However, please do realize that these prices are to high, and frankly do not make sense, since I can go 10 minutes away to get much cheaper food, (THANK YOU NEW PASTIZZERIJA WHO JUST OPENED).  Cheaper coffee, and if I want to go fancy really fancy, I can always go to New Yorks Best, I mean they are expensive as it gets but, at least they have sincerely good food.

Before people will judge me, for not actually going to the place and tasting the food, the quality and the variety. I will do so in due time, since I am a penniless student, and a lot of pennies are needed. Well this will take a while, I guess thank god stipend is coming in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment