Saturday 24 January 2015

Jumping and Falling.

I was standing in a room, devoid of all hope to continue studying. These exams have basically drained me of all the energy and enthusiasm I usually have. However, while standing here I was watching those around me move around, talking. They were interacting with me, themselves and of course with all that was around them. Yet, I felt I was not part of it. My mind was lost in some deep part of my brain. My conscience numb after being so stressed constantly for such a long time.

One by one they left, until one was left.

Taking a small break, he showed me this video. Mind blowing. That is the only thing that can come to mind, yet very much something I can relate to. However, this is something for you to discover and to experience.

What really stuck me? What is the reason for this blog? It’s the jump. As soon as he finished the video, my friend told me to get back to work. While I was walking back to my chair, sitting down, I watched in awe as he jumped head first. Trying to do a hand stand in the most precarious way possible, one hand on a chair which started to slide along with his body movement, one hand on the table, just barely holding his weight. His body arched back, legs flying in the air, and then the decent started.

Slowly falling to the ground, the look on his face was what caught my attention. The complete sense of acceptance; "I am going to fall, I am going to get hurt and I can do nothing about it." That is what he was saying inside his head, or at least, what I think he was saying.

The fact that this happened, this instant, is meaningless. Rather, it is an act of stress and relief from our general routine of books, note and monitors. Yet, this was highly invigorating for me. It snapped me back to my senses, enabling me to think of the light at the end of the tunnel.

The place which I had found myself in, far away from my immediate reality, was gone and I was back to this world. Back from the one which I was finding myself locked in by a fragment of my imagination.

Ironically, it is where I ended up again. Writing this blog, going back to my own world. A world, perceived through my own experience. A world, where my feelings help me convey what I see through the tips of my fingers by writing it down here, sharing it with you. This makes the moments such as these even more memorable since I am able to share them with you. I mean what are the best moments in our life if not those shared with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment