Friday 6 March 2015

The Fury of Keys.

Being stuck in the library, ironically enough writing a really long report for one of my credits. I forgot a key piece of my equipment, my head phones. My music, cannot be played inside the library, so I am stuck listening to the rhythm of my own typing among other sounds found in the library.

Such a sound which usually I considered to be completely and absolutely inconspicuous, has quite a certain characteristic about what I am feeling, the annoyance of the lengthy of the report, the helplessness when I do not know what I need to write and the absolute and powerful strokes of when I am decisive and am capable of writing long and lengthy pieces in one go. With the hopefully notes sounding soon as I reach the end of a segment.

This has led me to try and write here on this blog, which resulted in quite a interesting thing, being in this state of self awareness, I noticed something about how I am writing here in this space, about it being softer and quite peculiar. The tempo is quite different, slow and meaning full or thought out. However it still makes me think about how something as simple as typing out our thoughts out, instead of writing them, can maybe perhaps bring forward some emotion to the rather blank and standard letters we find on the internet. Understanding that fonts exists, but going back to writing by hand, the mood one is in while writing, happy, sad, angry make one think. What if we could hear the sounds of the writers typing away happily across the internet.

I would imagine it would be quite noisy yet, intriguing way to perhaps understand one an other more. Of course it would be completely impractical, apart from it being a nuisance that in the library you open up a document and you hear the sound of a million letters being typed out as you are reading long and quite often complex studies,

Unless the only sounds you here are the repeated tapping of three specific keys, the use of CTRL + C, CTRL + V.

No comments:

Post a Comment