Tuesday 27 October 2015

Dublin | Airbnb

The second day started with a lot of moaning and struggling to get out of bed. Shake off the hang over which was sticking to me like a sheet of duct tape. This was done by crawling into the shower, and have a nice long bath.

This did in fact make me miss a nice Irish breakfast, which I must say upset me significantly. However, what I really was looking forward to was the breakfast that was promised to me at Airbnb. Then followed up by the experience, something which I could never have excepted, however more on that later on.

FIRST LET ME TAKE A SELFIE!
This was on a random bridge me tring to level up my selfie taking skills.
Then lets enjoy some of the scenery.
This was from a bridge while crossing over into the business district it was honestly amazing.
Wait, I was talking about Airbnb here right. SORRY! Got sidetracked a bit, honestly so much was happening that it sort of got in the way a bit, anyway, so here is how it went.

You walk into this place, which looks like a pub, honestly. It had draught beer and everything really, a fully stocked pub. While we were registering we made friends with our tour guide and of course the first person to talk to us. While shaking hands vigorously with the suit of Armour which happened to be lying around randomly. 

Then the big shock.

Three whole stories of people, row after row of desks, open plan office. Not a single barrier between each worker, for someone from outside like I was it was complete chaos, the chaos that one finds when they enter a house. Yes you read right, they looked like a gigantic family of 450 or so people. The amount of white astounded me, and this is something that made me cringe a bit, the amount of Macs to be seen. Then I was told, that the company makes sure that every person gets a Mac book, the moment they come in the building. They are given anything and everything they need. 

There is no me in the building there is us. 

Us, included the people who visited, we were waved at welcomed as if it was nothing. People made way for us, gave us space, directed us, opened doors. This was just insane, how amazing the place was.

After climbing to the top of the building we where given some of the most amazing breakfast I ever had. Fresh food, available buffet style, open for everyone, drinks, coffee anything you want available for you.

This is just a small drink area. (sorry for the bad photo I was rushing about)
It seems I might need to make this post into two since I have been just talking about the first few hours of the day. Then again there was so much to see and notice and comment about.

So with that I will leave you waiting for post number 3,

To be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment