Monday 6 January 2014

Breathing though the storm of life.

Breathing is such a normal thing, we are so accustomed to it that we do not even realise how important it is till we cannot breath anymore, till our cardiac sensors tell us our blood is not getting enough oxygen, then we panic we try sucking any little bit of air little bit of life into us.

It is funny how, it feels for me, when a storm rages outside. I can feel it holding me down, a soft pillow of air on my chest. It would not go in but it is there holding me tight holding me from breathing. Every ounce of oxygen is hard to get by, every time I force my body to breath. Sharp blades start inserting themselves into my chest. The pain makes me cringe, trash around but then, when the storm passes and that blanket is lifted.

The freedom to breath, to freedom to take in air as I, I become alive, I become able to do what I wish when I wish how I wish. That is freedom, for me it is the ability to breathe the very air that is right next to me. 

It matters...the pause between inhale, exhale.” 
― T.F. Hodge

No comments:

Post a Comment